If a stainless steel women’s engagement ring sounds like a less-than-romantic gift that is because most of us think of it as something better suited to eating utensils than engagement rings. Stainless steel is even used for car parts. So, I get it. It is not engagement ring type material.
Yet, I just found out that it actually is. A family member recently got engaged and began shopping for stainless steel rings. Any woman who is looking for something affordable and totally durable that actually looks like a precious metal should consider stainless steel engagement rings.
Stainless steel engagement rings and wedding bands are a viable option for anyone looking for an affordable, wearable piece of jewelry that will last a lifetime. Stainless steel may not sound like the metal of a woman’s dreams, especially where engagements are concerned. However, when you learn what the pros are of this metal, it might sway you to buy it.
- This metal is durable and scratch resistant. It looks just like more expensive metals, too. So, it is virtually impossible to detect when someone is wearing a stainless steel women’s engagement ring or one made of platinum.
- It is not only scratch-resistant, it is also hypoallergenic. Other metals can cause allergic reactions but not stainless steel. At least, it won’t to those who are less prone to allergic reactions. Anyone who has a sensitivity to nickel which comprises the steel might have a reaction.
- You might choose to invest in two engagement rings. One can be a more expensive ring and another can be one to wear every day. Stainless steel is that affordable.
- For the woman who works, even if she does a lot of desk work, having a scratch-resistant ring is a bonus. She can work with confidence knowing that her ring will never get damaged as some of the softer metals might.
- The fact that it is affordable makes it easier to wear every day, too. If the ring gets lost, it is much easier to replace.
The only disadvantage is that a jeweler may not be able to style the ring exactly as you like. This is due to the metal’s rigidness. Again, this is one of its main disadvantages, but there are many beautiful styles that these engagement rings can be made into, so stainless steel is a worthwhile option to look into buying.